The discovery of Vanessa Guillen’s mutilated and charred remains, a Fort Hood soldier who vanished on April 22, 2020, sparked anger from rural Texas to Washington, where her family met with President Trump.

The case of Specialist Guillen has captivated the attention of celebrities, MPs, and other public figures, with women in the military and Latinos, particularly outraged. Specialist Guillen’s family has claimed that she was sexually harassed before she was slain.

When Specialist Guillen initially vanished, activists were outraged by the military’s lack of answers and action, and they demanded systemic reforms in how the military handled sexual harassment and assault complaints. The Army discovered “serious deficiencies” in Fort Hood’s culture in December and reprimanded over a dozen personnel.

Read On:

What is Amber Heard Net Worth Now?

The bones, hair, and other remnants of Specialist Guillen were discovered at the end of June. According to a federal complaint, a soldier murdered Specialist Guillen at Fort Hood, concealed her corpse in a huge box, then tried to dismember and burn her remains with his girlfriend before fatally shooting himself with a handgun as authorities arrived.

Who was Specialist Vanessa Guillen?

Specialist Guillen grew up in Houston with his five siblings. Gloria Guillen, her mother, stated she had a fascination with the military when she was a toddler when she used to play with her brother’s toy weapon.

Read On:

Is Erin Burnett Gay?

Despite her mother’s objections, she chose to enroll at the age of 18.
Guillen, the specialist, was a physically fit man. She ran track and cross-country teams, lifted weights, and played soccer.

The mother of Specialist Guillen said she had liked going to church with her daughter. Angels and statues of the Virgin Mary surround a monument at her house, which Specialist Guillen carried on a gold necklace that she never took off.

Specialist Vanessa Guillen Cause of death

Specialist Guillen was last seen in the parking area of her squadron’s headquarters at Fort Hood at noon on April 22, 2020. Specialist Robinson was the last person she texted, according to investigators who checked her phone.

According to Special Agent Damon Phelps of the Criminal Investigation Command, Specialist Robinson worked in a facility at Fort Hood that was close to where Specialist Guillen worked.

Read On:

Killing Eve season 5: when will it be out?

According to the complaint, a witness said that Specialist Guillen left the arms room where she was working and proceeded to the arms room overseen by Specialist Robinson to validate serial numbers for weapons and equipment.

According to court filings, Specialist Robinson subsequently said that he read her the serial numbers and provided her documentation.

He believes she then departed to go to the motor pool, he added.
According to the lawsuit, two witnesses observed Specialist Robinson come out of the armaments room on the same day, hauling a huge “tough box” with wheels “that seemed to be quite substantial in weight.”

Source link