The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a man arrested in relation to three bank robberies.
Between Friday, June 24, 2022 and Saturday, July 9, 2022, police responded to three robbery calls in the Fashion District, The Beaches and the Church & Wellesley areas.
It is alleged that:
- in each incident, a man entered the bank while disguising his identity and approached a bank teller
- the man then handed the employee a note indicating that this was a robbery and demanding a large amount of cash
- in two of the incidents, the man took a quantity of cash and the note before fleeing the scene
- in the other incident, the man fled the scene with just the note
Members of the Hold Up Squad commenced an investigation and were able to identify the man.
On Thursday July 14, 2022, Hold Up investigators located the man and took him into custody. The officers executed a search warrant at the man’s residence.
It is further alleged that:
- at the time of arrest, the man was found in possession of a pellet handgun, glasses, a wig and a handwritten hold-up note
- at the man’s residence, officers recovered clothing worn by the suspect during the robberies, a note and property used by the man during the robberies
Brandon McKenna, 45, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
- three counts of Robbery
- three counts of Disguise With Intent
He appeared in court for a Bail Hearing on Friday, July 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m., at the Old City Hall Court, 60 Queen Street West, room 111.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.
Read the full publication on Toronto Police Service portal via the link, https://www.tps.ca/media-centre/news-releases/53464/