This guide explains to you how to find a printer that is accessible over the network. That includes wireless printers and also the wired printers that can be used via Network.
How to Find the Printer on Your Network in Windows 11?
Windows 11 offers you some of the ways to connect t the network printers.
Here is how to use the tool in Settings to search for the available printers:
- Firstly, open the Settings and then go to Bluetooth & devices and then go to Printers & Scanners.
You can also open the Settings by right clicking on the Start menu and then selecting it from the list. You can also search for Settings or Printers & Scanners.
- Secondly, choose add device to search for any available printers.
- Now select Add device that is next to the printer that you want to install.
- After that, the Windows will install the printer. Just follow the steps that will appear on the screen and complete the installation.
The Windows users can now share the printers for other persons to use as well. This is how it can be set up normally when multiple computers within a network want to print to a printer that is not enabled on the network.
One computer installs the printer by USB and shares the printer which makes it available to anybody that can reach it.
Here is how you can find Shared printers:
- First of all, go to Settings and then Bluetooth & Devices, after that go to Printers & Scanners > Add device.
- Then after that, select “Add manually” when you see that option.
- Click on “Select a shared printer by name”. And also enter the printer’s share name.
- After that, select Next to begin the printer installation. Then select Next > Finish on the final option.
How to Fix When you cannot find a Network Printer?
Connecting to a printer via network has more challenges than you think.
Follow some of this troubleshooting when you cannot reach a printer on the network.
- First of all, make sure that you are on the same network as the printer. For instance, if you are using a laptop that uses the network over a mobile connection.
- Then you will have to enable the Wi-Fi on the laptop and then enter the network’s password as well.
- You can also shut down, and power back on everything that is between the printer and your computer.
- Or, restart the printer. There you will see a power button somewhere on the face of the printer.
- Press that, wait for it to power off, and then press it again.